Friday, April 8, 2011

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.... or if you'd rather: The Things I Will Miss and Not Miss About London

The Good: (things I will miss)
*My London Lovies!!! These are my roomies... just to clarify. They are the most amazing group of girls I have ever met in my life, They have changed my life in so many ways, and it will definitely be sad to say goodbye to these great friends! Thanks for the memories girls! :)
*My wonderful Professors, and the awesome London Classes. Best semester of my life!
*The gorgeous-ness of this great city! Everything about it is incredible! The buildings, the people, the streets, and most of all the parks! I wish America knew the secret to having awesome parks like London does! They are not even comparable... London dominates!
*The food... NOT the centre food of course! haha  But the wonderful cafes and pubs. So yummy!
*Markets. I have become a market junkie. I'm pretty sure I could go to markets every single day! They are the best!
*Yogurt covered banana chips. Enough said. They are heaven!
*The shopping!!!  I'm sad already, and I haven't even left yet!
*The rain... only because it creates the absolute best puddle-jumping worthy puddles! :)
*The sunshine. I'm sure that I will be going home to snow. Yuck!
*The history!
*"Please mind the gap between the train and the platform"
*The accents!

The Bad: (things I won't miss)
*The smokers. I can not even begin to express how much I hate walking down the street, and getting giant puffs of smoke in the face. It kills me!
*Nasty old men in speedos laying in the park...
*Dogs. I hate them. And they are everywhere!
*Having to dodge puke on the sidewalks at night outside of the pubs.
*Being hit on by nasty drunk men!
*The lack of personal space that Londoners have... I'm sick of people being all up in my business when standing in line, riding the lift, or while on the tube.
*Which reminds me, I will not miss the tube... It is dirty, nasty, and germy!
*The loud screeching brakes of every single bus in this city.
*The 66 stairs that I must climb multiple times every day.

The Ugly: (he bitter-sweet feeling)
Where in the world has the time gone!? My time here in London is limited... only 6 more days! CRAZY!!!  So many things to do, and so little time. haha  I am so sad to be saying farewell to the greatest adventure of my life! London has been absolutely fabulous, and there are many things I will miss. However, I am also very excited to get home! I have so many amazing people waiting for me back in Utah, and a very exciting summer to look forward to! :) Needless to say, I'm having tons of mixed emotions right now... I can't decide if I'm more sad or excited to be leaving! Either way, this has been the best 4 months of my life! I don't regret a single thing, and I loved every single minute of it! So... maybe it's not all the ugly afterall.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment