Wednesday, March 30, 2011

England v. Ghana

Perhaps one of the best nights of my life was this past week, on Tuesday March 29, 2011.
This was the day that we ventured into the far reaches of the city, and found ourselves standing outside of the Wembley Stadium... Most incredible building I think I have ever seen... it was seriously huge. There was over 80,000 people attending this game! And the field was absolutely beautiful!
And the game began!!!  England vs. Ghana! And let me just tell you now... I was torn! I couldn't decide who I wanted to cheer for! I felt like I should cheer for England, maybe just because I love it, and because I have lived here for the last 4 months of my life... but then I felt like I needed to show my devotion to Ghana. It's not like my little brother is going to be living there for two years or anything...  But in the end, I made the decision to wear my lucky green shoes in honor of Ghana! And of course, it worked!!!
England scored during the first half, and Ghana was struggling the whole way through... I started to doubt myself! But alas, the lucky shoes pulled through!  :) Ghana scored in the last two minutes of the game, tying the match! And it was insane! I have never seen anything like it! Fans were going absolutely crazy! I loved it! We had so much fun cheering and yelling, and just watching the action down on the field.
I loved every minute of it! And would definitely do it again... European football, you have my heart!



No comments:

Post a Comment