Sunday, March 27, 2011

Shakespeare, Shakespeare! Wherefore art thou Shakespeare?

Stratford Upon Avon

This past week, we had the opportunity to venture off into the Greater London area of the UK, and explore the birthplace and home of the great William Shakespeare!

We first were able to go and visit his home. It was really pretty, and we had tons of fun! It was so awesome to walk through the house and listen to the tour guides tell little stories about him and his family. He had quite the life, I tell you what!  haha  But it was indeed a great learning experience, and there were things I learned about Shakespeare I had never even heard before! So it was great!
We then were able to conclude our adventure by attending the Royal Shakespeare Company's production of KING LEAR! And it was amazing! I surprised myself.... and I ended up really loving it! The acting was incredible, and even though the play was a little long, and the story was a little strange, it completely pulled me in! I had a blast!

And as much as I may hate to admit it... I may find myself eventually looking at some of Shakespeare's other works... who knows? I might like it just as much as I loved this one!  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment