Monday, January 17, 2011

Adventures Never End

It's absolutely ridiculous how fast time flies when you're having fun! I can't believe it's been two weeks already... I've done so much in that time, it's actually quite unbelievable! Let's see, since I last wrote about my adventures, there have been a few exciting happenings! The first one is perhaps my favorite story of all time...

So there is the cutest little pub just around the corner from my house, called The Phoenix. I was just you know, hanging out one evening, when I decided that I needed a drink. So I went up to the bartender, and asked him for a lemonade. He asked me for my ID, and without even thinking about it, I busted it out, he looked it over, then handed me my drink. It wasn't until after I got back to my table, that I realized there was no color in my lemonade... That's when the reality hit me. I had just bought my very first alcoholic drink! haha  On accident of course! :)  And to make things even better, as I arrived at the table, I set my drink down to tell my funny story to my friend, when she reached across the table, and took a drink before I could tell her what it really was! I felt so bad... but we had a good laugh anyways!

This past week, our group went on our very first field trip! Our first stop was here at Salisbury Cathedral. It was absolutely gorgeous! I've noticed that there is not a single church or cathedral built here that is not that way. I absolutely love it!

Stonehenge.... pretty awesome huh? It was absolutely fantastic! I can't even begin to explain how awesome it was to actually be there! However, I was not entirely impressed... did you know that the pictures you see in the history books are not completely accurate?  haha  It honestly is not that spectacular. It's not as big as everyone thinks it is. But don't let me change your opinion. It's still awesome.

We ended our day by visiting the historical Roman Baths. It was absolutely one of the coolest things I have ever seen. It was awesome! And Bath is by far the prettiest city I have ever seen! Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment