Sunday, January 16, 2011

Mind The Gap

So today I had the great experience to ride the tube to church. It was about an hour and a half each way. Fun times, I tell you what!  :)  But there were several things that I noticed about the London Underground today, that I found pretty funny, and wanted to share.
*First off, Londoners seem to think that public transportaion stations are the perfect places to share their love and affection for eachother. I see more couples making-out on the platforms, than I think I've ever seen anywhere. And it totally doesn't bother them, or anyone else. (except for me, obviously)
*Second, some Londoners are total creepers who have no sense of personal space. Not only do they really enjoy sitting super close, and don't mind leaning on your arm when you sit next to them, but there can be just you and one of them in a completely empty car, and they will still choose to sit next to you.
*Third, after being fortunate enough to stand on the platform for several minutes, the phrase "mind the gap" seems to be on replay through your mind. It's absolutely hilarious. I love it! The man's deep authoritative voice makes me smile everytime!
*And last but not least, the tube is so much fun! I always enjoy it... And even though I feel like bathing in hand sanitizer every time, it's always an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment