Thursday, January 13, 2011

Random Observations about London

#1: In all things electrical, up means off, down means on... totally confusing!
#2: There is no such thing as warm... it's either blazing hot, or freezing cold. (needless to say, showering is definitely not our favorite thing to do in the world right now.) Also, all of the sinks have two faucets. One for hot and one for cold. This makes it very difficult to combine the two into one happy water temperature.
#3: English people apparently don't know what toothpaste is. I have yet to see a single person with white teeth, or straight teeth. And definitely not both!
#4: They only know how to build very small steps when building staircases. And believe me, they love their stairs! I can't even tell you how many times I've biffed it already...
#5: I love it when complete strangers call me "dahling"
#6: I am convinced that the most confusing yet convenient money system in the world exists here in England.
#7: They only know how to build beautiful buildings... they are all amazing!
#8: There is not a single day that it doesn't rain. I absolutely love it!
#9: The English are the best drivers in the world. The streets are extremely narrow, so the lanes are very close to each other, and the cars all go so fast! It amazes me... yet scares me to death at the same time!
#10: Not only do they have walking signs for pedestrians at the crosswalks, but bicycles and even horses get their own light! It's adorable...
 There are just way too many. The list could go on and on. And it will! I promise! But for now, we'll leave it here!  Join me next time for Random Observations part 2!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment