Thursday, February 3, 2011

I Feel Smarter Already!

CAMBRIDGE  UNIVERSITY:
Land of the Smart
Look at us in our little hoodies! Don't we look like legit Cambridge Students? I sure think so! haha
This was probably one of the single most coolest things we've done yet! I absolutely loved it! Besides the fact that I am an absolute nerd, and love school... it was a very beautiful city and environment, and I honestly wish I could say I knew what it was like to go to school here! Unfortunately, that will never happen. But at least I have a sweater to prove that I kinda have an idea, right? :)
Just to give you a small idea of how absolutely gorgeous and amazing this school is, I'll show you my favorite college we saw while there: King's College:

The best adventure of our day trip to Cambridge, was found in PUNTING!
yes, that's what I said... punting. Be jealous! haha  Now, for those of you who probably have no idea what this mysterious thing is, let me explain: Basically, we all boarded one of those cute little river boats, and got all cuddled up in blankets. Then our tour guide stood on the back of the boat with his 15 foot pole, and guided us up and down the river, whilst giving us the fabulous history of the University and the Colleges we past. It was an incredible experience! I loved every minute of it! (well, maybe not the part when I was attacked by a duck...but other than that!) Great time in Cambridge!

Oh, and now comes my favorite story of the whole punting experience! So while we were standing on the river side waiting for our boat, another group of punters passed down the river... Just as they were right in front of us, the guide's pole got stuck in the river, so when he went to pull it, he lost his grip! And the whole thing fell into the river, and started moving down stream. Poor bloke! The only thing he had on his little raft to help him anywhere, was an umbrella! So there he was, paddling up stream, with his little umbrella.
Funniest thing I have seen in a long time!  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment