Thursday, February 3, 2011

Dover & Canterbury

Wow! I have been such a slacker lately! And so much has happened, it's ridiculous!  :)
My first adventure took place last week on our day trip to Dover! We were supposed to go and explore the Dover Castle. Exciting right? Well, upon our arrival, we discovered that the castle was closed! Sad day! So we decided to go visit the ocean instead! We found the perfect little beach... looking over the English Channel towards France, and the famous White Cliffs of Dover behind us! It was absolutely gorgeous!
Great alternative to a castle... haha 


After our adventure at the English Channel, we wandered up to Canterbury! Here, we were able to go and explore the Canterbury Cathedral and yes, we even re-enacted the infamous murder of Thomas Becket by King Henry II. Classic! Although the Cathedral was of course very entertaining, I swear if I have to see another one... I may scream. I promise, if you've seen one, you've seen them all! But overall, it was a fantastic day to spend exploring the wonderful world of England!





No comments:

Post a Comment