Friday, February 25, 2011

Pews, Picnics, Playgrounds, and that blasted bus #18!

Today me and my good buddies Kaylee, Liz, and Haley went out on the town! Well, kind of. We went out in search of ways to satisfy our homework assignments. We did this by first hopping onto the infamous tube, and going up to Old Street where we paid the Methodist Church a little visit! We did this for our religion class... we've been learning about how the Mormon Church got it's start in England, and a huge part of that was through the Methodists. So we went up to John Wesley's chapel. We walked in the doors, and were immediately swarmed by old people, just dying to take us around and share their stories! They are so funny... So it took us about an hour to get out of there instead of the intended two minutes. haha  But we learned a lot, and had a great look at the chapel and museum. Then we went to another churchy historical site up the street... the intersectino on Tabernacle Street where the first LDS Sermon was preached in London! It was pretty awesome... not going to lie.  :)  We then jumped back on the tube, and found ourselves up in Regent's Park territory. And let me just say... it was by far the absolute most gorgeous day ever! The sun was shining, the skies were blue, flowers blooming everywhere... I loved it! We then took a walk up this cute little hill in the middle of the park, where we had the best view of the city! It was fantastic! It was there on the hill that we sat on a park bench and had a picnic! Nothing says great day like a good old fashioned PB&J! haha  Gotta love it... maybe? I've never really been a big fan, but I've eaten more of them the last few months than I think I've eaten in my entire life! Funny. After lunch, we just strolled through a few big parks in the area, watched cute littled British children kick soccerballs, faceplant in the mud, and swing on the playground. They are adorable! Anyways, the parks were gorgeous, and green, and we loved them! We stopped and fed the ducks, saw tons of amazing little houses and streets, and just had a great time! Then when we were finally finished, we decided to take the bus home instead of the tube. Remember how I have such great luck with buses?  haha  yeah.  So we got there, looked at the papers, figured things out, and sat down to wait for the bus. And we sat and sat and sat... for about 25 minutes! Keep in mind, this bus was supposed to come ever 3-10 minutes... just my luck. But as we sat and waited, that darned #18 kept coming and coming and coming! I hate bus #18! haha  I almost got frustrated enough that I was going to get on it, just to see what the big deal was! It's obviously a popular place! haha  But eventually, our bus made it, and we enjoyed a great ride through the city! Overall it was a splendid day spent out and about!

I just absolutely love London! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment