Thursday, February 3, 2011

Parliament & Protests

So basically, the coolest thing ever happened last weekend. Let me tell you about it! :)
It all started with a phenomenal tour of Parliament, and oh my gosh. Let me just say: Most amazing and incredible place I have ever seen in my life! So gorgeous, and so awesome! Loved it! (unfortunately we were not allowed to take photos... sorry! I guess you'll just have to take my word for it.) haha
So, the real story begin as we were walking down the steps of Parliament, and were approached by a police officer. He demanded that we leave immediately, and get home as quickly as possible. Somewhat confused, we began walking. Our questions were immediately answered as we noticed a mob of angry protestors in the distance. Curious, we disobeyed, and kinda took out time getting to the tube station. I have never seen anything like it before in my life: Banners, and signs being run through the street, police officers in their bright yellow vests blowing their whistles, smoke and fire in the center of it all, people screaming and running from others, loud gunshots in the background, and the panicked looks on the faces of those who stopped to witness the incredible event that was unfurling before their eyes. It was seriously intense. We only stuck around for a minute before deciding that we needed to get out of there before things got too out of control. But it was still an awesome experience! Unreal almost... And yet something I hope I never have to do again!


No comments:

Post a Comment